Saturday, March 28, 2009

Taggy Ribbon Blankets

Recently received a custom made order to sew two Taggy Ribbon Blankets. Before this order came, I've seen such blankets before but never really know what was its purpose...

As I was preparing to fulfill this order, I read that these blankets are actually educational. It was then that I recalled when Tim was teething, there was a period of time he was very fond of chewing on fabric or ribbon tags... tags of toys, clothes etc...
These 12"x12" blankets are perfect for little hands just learning to grasp, they are great for tactile development. Babies love the different textures and colours of these blankets thereby creating stimulants to their touch senses.

I used different colours and textures and various widths of satin and grosgrain ribbons to make the taggy blankets more interesting.
It was such a good idea to have such blankets that I've decided to sew a few more to giveaway as gifts to a few friends who have just delivered a baby and/or expecting a baby...
I really thank my customer who have given me this order as well as a valuable lesson... :) If I had known of such educational blankets when Tim and Little Missy were little I would have made them a dozen to play with teehehe...

11 comments:

Precious Memories said...

Hey Pauline,

Can I order this from you too? My boy has been chewing everything he can lay his hands on, so I thought this will be great for him.

Ruth said...

So Lovely!!! Pauline!

2ma said...

its so lovely!!!

Pink said...

Does this keep them from pulling on earrings? It could save your jewelry!

Ultracoolmama said...

Oh! This is so cool!! Are you making anymore?

mamabliss said...

Hi Ultracoolmama, yes, i've received a few custom order enquiries, if you are keen I can sew that for you too. Just send me an email to place an order lilhandmades@gmail.com :)

Farah Ikin said...

hai mamabliss...may i konw where can i get all those fancy ribbon...it was so nice and cute..realy suit for baby..u are very creative :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Farah, those ribbons were bought at different locations... you may check out Spotlight at Plaza Singapura they have loads of fancy ribbons to choose from :)

Link Link said...

hi, i find that this creation of yours is very nice and i've link it in my post. do drop me a line if you disagree and i'll remove it immediately. thank you.

mamaseah said...

have you tried making taggy pillows? I saw in a forum a mummy selling taggy pillows and it was pretty well receive. if you were to make a taggy pillow how much will that cost?

wen said...

this is so cute and lovely!!!!